Edible Peace Patch Blogs

Check out our other blogs here: http://peacepatch.org/blogs.htm

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Together We Grow

Courtesy of Free People Blog

This semester in the Peace Patch has truly opened my eyes in more ways than I know how to put into words. The opportunity to learn from a teacher like Professor Curtis is a rare one, and I hope anyone reading this may have the same luck as have I and my classmates. As an environmental studies major, much of what I learn revolves around harrowing realities and seemingly insurmountable problems. So in this, at times, disheartening field of study, the Peace Patch gives me hope that I - one individual - am capable of playing a small part in revolutionizing our current system. 
Today was another beautiful day in the garden. I get to Campbell and feel a breath of fresh air among the stress of this semester coming to an end.

Andrea worked on writing out the scheduled shifts for Campbell Park to give to the front desk so teachers could sign on to bring classes out to the garden.
I see such beauty beginning to grow in the young Peace Patch and feel as though it really is together that we grow.

Until next time,
Alix

No comments:

Post a Comment